- 300 square meter professional
|SYSTEM AQUACULTURE PERFORMANCE|
|Total Tank Volume||25’800lt (6’815 gallons)|
|Water change cycle||Standard System -2 hourly|
|Aeration||10lt/min per 1000lt tank size|
|Theoretical Stocking Density (SD)|| 1’032kg (40kg/1000lt)|
|SYSTEM HYDROPONIC PERFORMANCE|
|Hydroponics Grow Area||Option 1 & 2 – Full & 3-Tier DWC||Option 3&4 DWC-Media Hybrid||Option 5: Media Systems|
|180 – 230m2|
(1’938 -2 ‘476 ft2)
|198 – 215m2|
(2’131 -2 ‘314 ft2)
|# of Plants (20cm spacing)|
|4’860 – 6’670||5’346 -5’805||5’508|
|Ave. Power Consumption||0.6kW/hr|
- Hydroponic Greenhouse Tunnel Specifications
We have included the cost of a naturally-ventilated 300m² (30m x 10m) galvanized agricultural tunnel.
This natural ventilated tunnel has butterfly flaps and roll up sides, which offers a superior thermal control in the hydroponics environment. (Cheaper non-ventilated and shadenet options available pending crop selection or upon request)
- The 10 arches -10m bay sizes
- Medium Height – Height of apex between 4.1m – 4.5m
- Naturally ventilated – Butterfly Sides, manual roll up curtains
- 250-micron agri plastic and/or 40% Grey Shade Netting
- Tunnel floor is covered with 9mm gravel and bidim (other options available).
- Aquaculture System
The hydroponic tunnel system is powered by a single 5m x 10m aquaculture section. The aquaculture system, inside the greenhouse, comes standard with:
- 3 x 8’600lt Fish tanks – Conical tanks are manufactured by Ichthys with a galvanised steel mesh support and 550g virgin PVC reinforced mesh Liner, 3.0m diameter and 1.2m high. (The conical base of the tank provides superior bottom filtration compared to flat based tanks.)
- Solid lift/solid drain for waste removal from the tanks,
- Single bottom inlet and top-shower inlet system per tank to de-risk the system from aeration failure.
- A tank cover dome – 80% Shade net which is easily opened and closed
- Side tank drain connected to sump
- DC Water Manifold System – that at maximum can pump approximate 30’000lt/hr when upgraded for trout.
- Eco Aeration solution: Low power air pumps delivering 300lt/min of air through best-in-class diffuser membranes and Air lifts
- Air and water Manifolds – de-risking single pump dependency
- Mechanical & Bio Filtration
Mechanical filtration on each aquaculture tunnel is achieved using a radial pre-fitler and two/three Matala Media filters. These state-of-the-art advanced mechanical filtrations provide 10-15 more compact mechanical filtration compared to your standard vortex filters, which equates to more grow space for you. Their ability to remove even the finest of micro particles ensures your beds will never block up with fish waste.
Each Solid filter has a bypass to enable the aquaculture section to be decoupled from the hydroponics system for short periods.
Each Filter has a waste tap off function linked to the mineralisation system
- Hydroponic System
The “Professional” hydroponics systems have 4 different variances. Option 1 is considered as the Base system on which all other prices is discussed.
BASE SYSTEM: Option 1 : Professional DWC: 230m2 Grow area composed of two 25m x 4.6m “Deep Water Culture” (DWC) per hydroponic system. “Raised-beds DWC” and “Bricked-DWC” options available – pricing the same.
Option 2 : Professional Three Tier DWC: 180m2 Grow area composed of three 25m x 2.4m “Deep Water Culture” (DWC) per hydroponic system. “Raised-beds DWC” and “Bricked-DWC” options available – pricing the same.
Option 3: Professional Media-DWC (DWC acting as sump): 198m2 Grow area composed of two 24.5 m x 2.4m and one 24.5m x 1.8m “Deep Water Culture” (DWC), and 25 x 1.6m2 Gravel media grow beds per hydroponic system.
Option 4: Professional Media-DWC (Dual Hot-Cold Hybrid): 215m2 Grow area composed of two 24.5 m x 2.4m and one 24.5m x 1.2m “Deep Water Culture” (DWC), and 40 x 1.7m2 Gravel media grow beds per hydroponic system.
Option 5: Professional Media System(13’500lt sump): 204m2 Grow area composed of 120 x 1.7m2 Gravel media grow beds per hydroponic system.
Specially imported high density Isoboard (300kPA / 40DVA) as float rafts ensures a significantly increased the lifespan of your rafts (15DVA polystyrene rafts is generally replaced every 3-5 months).
- Power requirements & backup systems
Power requirements & Back Up Systems
The system has been designed specifically for a low power requirement. It utilizes low-head Jebao DC pumps and low power Jebao air pumps. Note that the system is solar enabled, but a solar powered solution will be in addition to the quote which assumes a power supply. You will require backup power at the site. Total consumption of each individual tunnel is unlikely to exceed 1kW/hour draw, with an average of 0.65kW/hour. The average excludes the heat pump power requirement, which we recommended to run off the main power supply.
Air supply to the system is primarily through Matala air diffuser disc membranes in the fish tanks, and the Matala aerotube air lines in the DWC hydroponic systems. Fail-safes are designed through use of “in-parallel Jebao air pump system” and matala aerotube round the edge of the tanks. This helps error-proof risks specific to aeration system failure.
- Steps to follow
Get in touch with us so we can setup a 30 minute no obligation free consultation. This is so we can understand your specific requirements better - every project is unique
High level quote
Based on your requirements we will provide you with a high level quote, backed by the Ichthys Price Guarantee.
We will assist in procuring all the materials you need. Because we work directly with all the manufacturers, the Ichthys Price Guarantee ensures you get the lowest possible price.