- 540 square meter DWC / Media Hybrid
|SYSTEM AQUACULTURE PERFORMANCE|
|Total Tank Volume||46’200lt||( 12’204 gallons)|
|Water change cycle||Standard System -2 hourly|
|Aeration||10lt/min per 1000lt tank size|
|Theoretical Stocking Density (SD)||1’848kg (40kg/1000lt)|
|SYSTEM HYDROPONIC PERFORMANCE|
|Hydroponics Grow Area|
1. DWC Full
|Grow Area||# of Plants (20cm Spacing)|
|430m2 (4 ‘630 ft2)||11’600 plants|
|2. DWC-Media Hybrid||425.5m2 (4 ‘645 ft2)||11’488 plants|
|3. Media Only||380m2 (4 ‘090 ft2)||10’315 plants|
|4. Mobile DWC-Media hybrid||370m2 (4 ‘000 ft2)||9‘585 plants|
|5. Vertical-Media-DWC hybrid||554m2 (5 ‘963 ft2)||14’960 plants|
|Ave. Power Consumption||1,1kW/hr (Base)|
- Hydroponic Greenhouse Tunnel Specifications
We have included the cost of a naturally-ventilated Cyclone Tech Catrina 540m² (42m x 12.8m) galvanized agricultural tunnel.
This double height, state of the art greenhouse provides a superior hydroponics environment. (Alternative cheaper and/or Stainless options available upon request)
- The Catarina tunnel has gothic arches -12.8m bay sizes
- Superior Height – Height of apex between 5.3m and 5.8m
- Naturally ventilated – Straight sides, manual roll up curtains
- 250-micron agri plastic and/or 40% Grey Shade Netting
- Tunnel floor is covered with 9mm gravel and bidim (alternative options available).
- Aquaculture System
The hydroponic tunnel structure is powered by a single 5m x 12.8m aquaculture section. The aquaculture system comes standard with:
- 5m x 12.8m Aquaculture Roof Structure – with 250-micron plastic or shadenet roof (Optional change)
- 3 x 15’400lt Conical fish tanks – Tanks are manufactured by Ichthys with a galvanised steel mesh support and 550g virgin PVC reinforced mesh Liner, 3.5m diameter and 1.5m deep, with 0.3m conical base. The conical base of the tank provides superior bottom filtration compared to flat based tanks.
- Solid lift/solid drain for waste removal from the tanks,
- Single bottom inlet & top-shower inlet system per tank to de-risk the system from aeration failure.
- A tank cover dome – 80% Shade net which is easily opened and closed
- Side tank drain connected to sump
- DC Water pump Solution – that at maximum can pump approximate 45’000lt/hr.
- Eco Aeration solution: Low power air pumps delivering 500lt/min of air through best-in-class diffuser membranes and air lifts system.
- Air and water Manifolds – de-risking single pump dependency
Optional Extra’s/ Included in the trout upgrade option:
- Thermal Tank Side Insulation (25DV by 25mm)
Water runs from the tanks to the swirl filter, through the grow beds and into a sump from which it is then returned to the fish tanks.
- Mechanical & Bio Filtration
Mechanical filtration on each aquaculture tunnel is achieved using three radial pre-filters and three Matala Media filters. These state-of-the-art advanced mechanical filtrations provide 10-15 more compact mechanical filtration compared to your standard vortex filters, which equates to more grow space for you. Their ability to remove even the finest of micro particles ensures your beds will never block up with fish waste.
Each Solid filter has a bypass to enable the aquaculture section to be decoupled from the hydroponics system for short periods.
Each Filter has a waste tap off function linked to the mineralisation system
- Hydroponic System
This BASE commercial system, priced above, is composed of two 34.6.8m x 6.2m wading “Deep Water Culture” (DWC) per hydroponic tunnel. You have an option to select from 5 Hydroponics systems with respective grow areas listed below. Refer to detailed system quote for additional pricing to upgrade to other hydroponic systems.
|Hydroponics Grow Area|
1. DWC Full
|Total||Media Beds / Vertical||DWC/Float Beds|
|2. DWC-Media Hybrid||425.5m2||73.5m2||352m2|
|3. Media with DWC Sump||370m2||330m2||40m2|
|4. Vertical-Media-DWC hybrid|
Vert Equiv. 273m2
The gravel grow beds breaks down the ammonia to nitrite and nitrate, acting a natural bio and mechanical filter, and is recommended due to its stabilization factor in overall system. Recommendation will be to use 19mm gravel as the grow media. Should you wish to also grow leafy veg such as lettuce then the grow beds can easily be converted into float beds at no extra cost.
Specially imported high density Isoboard (300kPA / 40DVA) as float rafts ensures a significantly increased the lifespan of your rafts (15DVA polystyrene rafts is generally replaced every 3-5 months).
- Power requirements & backup systems
Power requirements & Back Up Systems
The system has been designed specifically for a low power requirement. It utilizes low-head Jebao DC pumps and low power Jebao air pumps. Note that the system is solar enabled, but a solar powered solution will be in addition to the quote which assumes a power supply. You will require backup power at the site. Total consumption of each individual tunnel is unlikely to exceed 1.5kW/hour draw, with an average of 1.1kW/hour. The average excludes the heat pump power requirement, which we recommended to run off the main power supply.
Air supply to the system is primarily through Matala air diffuser disc membranes in the fish tanks, and the Matala aerotube air lines in the DWC hydroponic systems. Fail-safes are designed through use of “in-parallel Jebao air pump system” and matala aerotube round the edge of the tanks. This helps error-proof risks specific to aeration system failure.
- Steps to follow
Get in touch with us so we can setup a 30 minute no obligation free consultation. This is so we can understand your specific requirements better - every project is unique
High level quote
Based on your requirements we will provide you with a high level quote, backed by the Ichthys Price Guarantee.
We will assist in procuring all the materials you need. Because we work directly with all the manufacturers, the Ichthys Price Guarantee ensures you get the lowest possible price.