Compliance Regulation & Permitting
Supply Chains & Packaging
We love working with aspiring Aquaponic farmers and we are passionate about educating and guiding them along their journey to success in the commercial Aquaponics industry. However, we understand that every client is unique in their wants, needs and experiences in this industry. Therefore, we like to work through our aquaponic consultation services with you to ensure that we cover all bases and ultimately set you up for success.
Firstly, we like to check up on your knowledge about aquaponics. Your Aquaponic training is the building blocks of your success. You need to understand the ins and outs of the process to understand your system. Check out our calendar for upcoming events, we recommend the following courses before going further.
48 Kruger Road, President Park, Midrand
48 Kruger Road, President Park, Midrand
Once you’re a bit more clued up we will sit down with you and discuss your commercial aquaponic system outline and we will look at your business plan & feasibility study that you completed on 12 Day of the Commercial Aquaponics Course. If you don’t want to create your own we can also curate these for you at an additional cost.
Now we get to the exciting bit, we will have a consultation to discuss the finer details of the design and provide you with an accurate quotation tailored to your specific wants and needs. Finally, we move on to the physical manufacturing and installation of your system.
But our journey doesn’t end there, once you are set up we will always be available to guide you through the management process and maintenance of your system. Our aquaponic consultation services are for every step of your journey. We like to build strong relationships with our clients because, at the end of the day, we share a love for aquaponics and a passion for building the future of farming together.
South African Permit Applications
Part of our aquaponic consultation services is helping you get the correct fish permits in South Africa. This is absolutely necessary for any fish farmer, whether you are farming alien invasive fish like Oreochromis Niloticus or native fish like Oreochromis mozambicus.
Good news is we can help handle all of the application processes for you. Application times vary anywhere between 3 weeks and 6 months. We will be happy to handle the entire process for you for R1,000 per application. However, should you wish to do it yourself – here are the details.
Regardless of whether the fish are indigenous or not you will need the following:
CPE3 – FOR A PERMIT TO PLACE OR RELEASE FISH INTO WATER
- This permit is required prior to the release of ANY kind of fish.
- You can apply for this at your local permits office for Biodiversity Management (e.g. in Gauteng it is Gauteng Department of Agriculture & Rural Development – GDARD).
- Be sure to include a certified copy of your ID and proof of payment with your application. Download Link – CPE3-place or release of fish
CPE4 – FOR A PERMIT TO IMPORT LIVE FISH (CROSS REGIONAL BORDERS)
- This permit is required if you are transporting fish across any kind of regional border. For example, from Kwazulu Natal to Gauteng. If the fish are being transported within the same province then a permit is not required.
- You need to apply at your local permits office for Biodiversity Management (e.g. in Gauteng it is the Gauteng Department of Agriculture & Rural Development – GDARD)
- This permit is required prior to the release of any kind of fish if the fish are being moved across provinces.
- Be sure to include a certified copy of your ID and proof of payment with your application. Download Link –CPE4-import of live fish
Should you want to farm with an alien invasive fish such as Oreochromis Niloticus, you will need an extra permit from the Department of Environmental Affairs in Cape Town.
- Complete the Permit Application Form – Download the form here: Permit application for Alien and Listed Invasive Species Final @ 3 October 2014
- Complete a risk assessment report and include it in your application.
- Attach a proof of payment and a certified copy of you ID.
- Once approved then you must apply for your CPE3 / CPE4 permits.